Is it possible to find cool laptops under $500 these days?
With hundreds of models offered by reputable brands like Toshiba, Dell, Samsung and Lenovo, it is possible to buy a portable computer for less than 500 bucks. There are a variety of portable computer buyers and they are classified according to how they intend to use these machines: for business, for home use, for gaming, for school work, etc. You can get yourself a good quality laptop under $500 so you don’t have to worry about being out of budget.
The following are just some example of laptops under $500 that you can buy.
1. The MSI X Slim X340-021US – this portable computer is equipped with a 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 processor, 13.4 inch HD widescreen LCD, a hard drive of 320 GB and a RAM of 2 GB. It also has an Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics card so it is one of the best laptops under $500 you can buy.
2. The Sony Vaio W Series – this series has a model lineup of the VPCW221AX/W and the VPCW221AX/Z. they are priced at around $400 to $450 and their features include 250 GB hard drive, 1 GB RAM, a 1.83 GHz Intel Atom Processor and a battery life of up to 8 hours.
3. Lenovo X100e – this laptop under $500 from Lenovo is not only affordable, it is also durable. Its features include AMD 1.6 GHz Athlon Neo MV-40 processor, 11.6 inch HD screen, 250 GB hard disk space and 2 GB RAM. This unit can be bought at around $450.
4. The Asus Eee PC Seashell 1201N-PU17 – this laptop under $500 is ideal for gaming as well as for conducting business presentations. One can even carry out academic projects with this unit. This affordable portable computer comes with an ASUS Dedicated Graphics Engine (DGE), a 12.1 inch HD widescreen, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Dual Core N330 processor and a hard drive of 250 GB. This unit can be bought for $480.
5. The HP Pavilion dm1z Series – one of the best laptops under $500, this model can be bought for $450 and comes with a 1.7 GHz AMD Athlon II Neo processor, 250 GB hard disk capacity, 2 GB RAM, 11.6 inch screen and up to 5.25 hours of battery time.
The above are just some of the portable computers you can get for less than five hundred bucks. It is also a good idea to see if you can take advantage of additional laptop accessories when buying laptops under $500.